And boy is it hot and humid!!! We finally made it here!! Margo and I met in Portland, flew to Seattle Sunday nite where we picked up Tim, our doc, and then flew 14 1/2 hrs to Taipai China and then another 4 hrs down here to Phnom Penh where we met up with Eric. So we our whole team is together. It started out with quite an adventure on our flight from Seattle to Taipai. About 6 hrs into the flight, I was awakened by a flight attendent who said over intercom, there is someone in need of medical assistance and the pilot said there is a medical team on board can we help???
I'm really like my teammates. We are staying here in the capital tonite and then getting up to drive early down to the Kompong Speu province to the Toul Serey orphan home. We toured the Foursquare Children of Promise Training Center, and the orphan home here. And we also toured the Toul Sleng Genocide Museum.... We were speechless. The weather is hot and very humid (did I already mention that?)... We have been driven around by Anna Blake from Foursquare, a missionary who's been here in the country for 5 years. She is the medical teams coordinator but will be returning to the states this September to finish school to be a nurse. The traffic here cracks me up. And it reminds me so much of Haiti...No lights, no rules or laws, pass on sidewalks, etc. So far I've seen 4 Cambodians fit on a moped at once...Anna said she's seen 7....dang. We has Fish Amok for lunch, spicy with some sort of curry sauce with things in it...probably best I didn't know what they were, but I liked it. Ok, not sure when I'll be able to post next..... Many blessings to you all!!! ~Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment