I received my flight itinerary today. The flight actually doesn't look too hairy compared to the southeast asia flight I took last spring. I'm getting excited and this weekend am going to sit down and start making my 'still need to get' list. We have a pretty long list of stuff we need to take with us that MTI and HFH gave us. But here's the kicker... Everything needs to fit in a carry on bag... My husband said there is no way in God's green earth that I'm going to be able to pull this off... So that is my mission. I'm only $100 away from my financial obligation goal, and then after that is just a little extra money I'll take with me. I couldn't have planned this out any better.
I've learned alot through the whole process of preparing for this mission, both mentally and spiritually. And it's a reminder that it's not about me. AT ALL. It's about service. It's about laying down my pride, my will, my stubborness, my issues and just serving, being and doing whatever the Lord wills for me. I love that and this is why I cannot wait to get back out onto the mission field. To serve and spend time with my Father. This is exactly how it was in Cambodia. 2 weeks with my Father, and although some viewed it as 'roughing it'. I felt like I had just returned from a palace and was wearing royal robes when I came home. I was His Princess. So what happened? Why is home, why is my community any different than the mission field. Why is it a struggle? As I was editing this, I'm thinking this is when another reminder needs to come in.. It's not about me.
I remember standing out on the back of the orphanage and watching the sunset, and thinking about my family, my community and my church. Wondering if they were watching the sun rise as I watched it set, giving thanks for each and every one of them, for their encouragement and support. I remember hearing only just the wind whispering and moving feeling the Holy Spirit surrounding the orphanage. I will never forget that evening. Peace. Joy.
So this totally got off the original topic. Geez.
~M
No comments:
Post a Comment