I am an ordinary girl who happens to be an RN, and has a passion for missions work. I'm a firm believer in pay it forward and if I can help just one person with the kindness i've been shown in my life, then the whole experience is worth it.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Bon Swa!
It's Sunday afternoon here in Terre Blanche. We slept ok, lots of sounds, roosters, donkeys, people singing. I was also awakened a few times with a nudge from Darcy. :o) Who says I snore... I took 2 Melatonin last nite, and apparently could of only taken 1, as I was OUT. I was awakened this morning to the sound a man singing. I realized a farmer was out behind the clinic in this Mellit field and although singing in Creole, I recognized the tune. And wow, what a voice he had. He was singing Blessed Assurance in Creole and I layed there with tears in my eyes as I looked out the window so see the crystal blue sky, sun coming up, and the perfect breeze coming in. We went to church this morning which was held in the clinic and there were so many people, that the clinic yard outside was also filled up. Church Service was wonderful and lasted 3 1/2 hrs. We were nice and hot and sweaty by the time was over. Today is Ann's Birthday so we all brought cards with us to give her. She was pleasantly surprised. What an incredible woman with a beautiful spirit. We were treated to a nice Haitian lunch of beans and rice, goat, and plantains... Yum!!!! It was delicious!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment