Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From Pastor Delamy in Haiti

Dear Precious friends,

We greet you this morning in the precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus. He is our Lord and He will never give up on us.

The Lord allowed Elvire, Danica, Ricky and I to arrive in PAP. It was not easy since many trips from Miami to Haiti were cancelled.

I am in PAP and am very anxious to be with my poeple in Gonaives who are suffering very much there. The weather or Ike after Hanna does not want me to go yet. Ike was also very bad for poeple in Gonaives and for all Haiti. Elvire, Wilson (her brother) and I were in the road Sunday afternoon to Cabaret to see how the bridge was there. We had decided to go to Montruis, cross the river there, and take public transportation to Saint Marc and do our best to get to Gonaives. When we were almost to Route Neuf (the road to CITE SOLEIL) ,we were obliged to drive back to PAP because of too much water in the road. Yesterday, Pastor Devariste, Pastor Clovis and I got Montruis with Dr Daniel Snyder. M. Castel (hospital administrator at Dessalines) sent transportation to the oder side of the River. Dr Daniel is at Dessalines now.

At any cost, at any price, I will be in the way this morning to Gonaives to see my people at Terre Blanche, Finel, Dubedou to give them a hug and tell them, despite everything, the Lord Jesus loves them and encourage them to continue to stay under the power of His merci. I am already in touch with people in Anse Rouge. It is also very bad since this city depends completely on Gonaives.

I will sit with the pastors to find out a safe way to start transferring food, medication, water etc. from to PAP to Montruis and then to Gonaives. Please continue to cover us with your prayers. The Lord is always very good and I know that He is with me.

We passed through Cabaret yesterday. It is in a very bad situation and a lot of people died there. Thank you very much for all that you are doing to support us in this very difficult time. Thank you very much for your deep love. God bless you!!!



May the power of the Lord continue to envelope you!

In His service,

Delamy

No comments: