Saturday, January 03, 2009

Women

I will admit it, I am feeling very sappy these days. May have to do with the new year and all of the impending changes in my life, but I have to tell you, I love my girl friends. I am blessed to have an amazing group of women in my life who:

prop me up, laugh with me, encourage me, listen, cry with me, drink with me, love my kids, remind me of who I am, keep me sane, sit up with me and talk all night, humor me, spoon me during a sleep over when I am so lonely I can taste it, knock sense in me, make me work out when I don't want to, eat sweets with me, laugh at me, cry for me and tell it like it is.

A sorority sister sent this to me. It's an ode to friendship, to the ways in which our friends get us through the difficult periods of life. This is perhaps one of the most beautiful tributes to the quiet strength of women that I have ever heard. Its a true testament to strength of friendship amongst women. It brought tears to my eyes, and made me think of the women in my life, and how much joy and smiles they bring me daily. I love you b's!!!



No comments: